We know there are lots of other tow companies you could call. That’s why we treat each customer with the utmost courtesy and respect and perform quickly and with professionalism. Word of mouth and online reviews can make or break any service related industry. Of course we hope you’ll give us a good reference or glowing review – if we have earned it.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
- ★ You may not have to pay out of pocket. See if your auto-club, dealership or insurance covers roadside assistance and make sure to put their phone number in your car.
Have their business card in your purse or wallet and program their phone number into your cell.
- ★ You have the right to refuse a tow and choose where the car goes.
- ★ Non consensual tows, e.g., you didn’t request the tow:request a statement of charges, a copy of the towing authorization form and an address for where the car will end up and be informed on how to retrieve your car.
- ★ Request that the driver show you a valid towing permit and company identification.
Don’t Abandon Your Car. Most of us would never knowingly abandon our main mode mode of transportation! But what’s the definition of an abandoned car in the state of Texas? It might surprise you to know that a motor vehicle is considered abandoned if:
- 1. It is inoperable, is more than five years old, and has been left unattended on public property for more than 48 hours;
- 2. It has remained illegally on public property for more than 48 hours
- 3. It has remained on private property without the consent of the owner or person in charge of the property for more than 48 hours;
- 4. It has been left unattended on the right-of-way of a designated county, state, or federal highway for more than 48 hours;
- 5. It has been left unattended for more than 24 hours on the right-of-way of a turnpike project constructed and maintained by the Texas Turnpike Authority division of the Texas Department of Transportation or a controlled access highway.
Check to see if you’re in a tow-away zone.
Check for signs stating that parking is reserved for customers – if you’re not a customer.
Any signage warning you you’ll get towed must have the name of the tow company prominently displayed. Also, you must be able to find out to which storage facility/impound the car has been taken. Their ph. number should be legible and the company must be available if it’s still within their hours of operation. Therefore, hours of operation must also be posted on the signage.
Tow Interruptus If you come back to your vehicle to see it is in the middle of being towed, you have the right to insist to pay to have the vehicle disconnected and released back to you. There is no law that states that once it’s on the truck, that’s it. If you cannot pay they must allow you enough time to remove your belongings from the vehicle. Try to remember they’re just doing their job. You’ll get a lot farther if you’re calm and cooperative.